NOISE
Next to smells, noises can be the best thing. I have exceptional hearing and know when a truck or golf cart is coming and I am ready to have fun barking and chasing it.
But some noises are bad. Like those from a thunderstorm or fireworks. Those scare me. Last night I went out with my Mom to take out the trash and the booms started early - 6:30!! I pulled Mom all the way back home because I was so scared. She kept telling me that it was just noise but I didn't like it one bit. She sat on the floor with me for an hour, cuddling and petting me. I may have played it up a bit to get the lovings for that long, but hey, I deserved it after that scare.
Then they did it again this morning at 6:30. We were taking our usual morning walk and someone kept making those loud booms. I barely went to the bathroom and pulled Momma all the way back home from the front of the complex. I didn't even take my time in the park. I want to go out today but don't know about the noises.
I have a friend who is a veteran. He doesn't like the noises either. I wish people understood that it is not fun for all of us. That it brings back bad memories and scares us. Can't they have fun and do something else?
Good noises are happening though. Kids in the neighborhood are laughing and playing, birds are chirping and later I will enjoy the squirrels chattering at me from up the tree after I have chased them. Crinkling paper or plastic is a really good noise as it usually means treats or food! The microwave bell is a nice sound as it usually means supper is almost ready! Frying sounds also are good but the smell is even better. Momma has started breakfast and I hear and smell it. Time to go beg!!!
Happy New Year and may the bone of your dreams come true. Be happy, healthy and safe. Love like a dog and you will make many friends.
Noses, nudges, hugs, kisses and skritches.
KK
But some noises are bad. Like those from a thunderstorm or fireworks. Those scare me. Last night I went out with my Mom to take out the trash and the booms started early - 6:30!! I pulled Mom all the way back home because I was so scared. She kept telling me that it was just noise but I didn't like it one bit. She sat on the floor with me for an hour, cuddling and petting me. I may have played it up a bit to get the lovings for that long, but hey, I deserved it after that scare.
Then they did it again this morning at 6:30. We were taking our usual morning walk and someone kept making those loud booms. I barely went to the bathroom and pulled Momma all the way back home from the front of the complex. I didn't even take my time in the park. I want to go out today but don't know about the noises.
I have a friend who is a veteran. He doesn't like the noises either. I wish people understood that it is not fun for all of us. That it brings back bad memories and scares us. Can't they have fun and do something else?
Good noises are happening though. Kids in the neighborhood are laughing and playing, birds are chirping and later I will enjoy the squirrels chattering at me from up the tree after I have chased them. Crinkling paper or plastic is a really good noise as it usually means treats or food! The microwave bell is a nice sound as it usually means supper is almost ready! Frying sounds also are good but the smell is even better. Momma has started breakfast and I hear and smell it. Time to go beg!!!
Happy New Year and may the bone of your dreams come true. Be happy, healthy and safe. Love like a dog and you will make many friends.
Noses, nudges, hugs, kisses and skritches.
KK

Comments
Post a Comment