Stop, smell and pee on the grass
My Mom has been very busy lately with something called work. I really don't like it because this 'work" thing takes her away from me four days a week, sometimes five day and for HOURS. Yes, she walks me for about 45 minutes every morning and takes me to the dog park those days but still. I want to be with her all day, every day.
She will come home most days on her lunch time and take me to the dog park in our apartment complex but it is only for about 15 minutes before she is leaving me again. The best part about that is the treat she gives me. It is a bone! She loves giving it to me because it helps my teeth but I just love the taste and chewing it..
When she gets home at night, I know she has had a tough time at this place she calls "work." I try to lighten up her mood and make her laugh. When we go for our evening walks, and especially if they mowed the grass, I start rolling around on my back in the grass. Makes her laugh every time. Of course, she sometimes yells at me to "watch out" and pulls on my leash so that I don't roll into ants or poo. I get so overwhelmed by the smell of the sweet grass, that sometimes I don't know where I am rolling!. I wish she would roll in the grass with me. She would feel so much better. Everyone would,. You just can't help it when you lay down on your back and the grass starts tickling you. Wiggling my butt is even more fun and feels soooooo goooood!
People say something like, stop and smell the roses. What the heck is that? Flowers stink!! Give me grass any day. Or bushes, freshly peed on bushes. Or a branch that has fallen that I can sniff, smell the squirrels and pee on the branch myself.! Simple things make me happy and in turn I do silly things to make my Mom happier, too!
And speaking of pee, I love to smell pee-mail. I stop a lot of times to smell bushes, grass, trees, curbs, fences and more to see who has been by there. My Mom is pretty cool. Instead of jerking on my leash to get me to stop smelling and to continue walking, she gives me a countdown of 5,4,3,2, 1. When she gets to one, I had better be moving or she will give me a little pull on the leash to remind me to start walking. She is cool like that. I see so may other parents just yank on the leash and the poor dog is sometimes pulled off their feet.
I sometimes give her a 5 count. If I am tired and not quite ready to go for our walk, she will count down to 1 and by then I am usually ready for my walk. I think it is good for her to have to wait, too. It teaches her patience and it gives us both a little time to chill out. I just wish I could get her to roll in the grass, but she says something about being allergic ... whatever that is. She does seem to wash the bedding a lot. Probably because she has a runny nose and coughs a bit after sleeping all night. Wonder what that is all about. I hate when she does it because then it doesn't smell like grass anymore. Oh, well, there is always rolling in the grass again tomorrow.
Well until next time, happy tails. Hugs, kisses, noses, nudges and skritches.
KK
She will come home most days on her lunch time and take me to the dog park in our apartment complex but it is only for about 15 minutes before she is leaving me again. The best part about that is the treat she gives me. It is a bone! She loves giving it to me because it helps my teeth but I just love the taste and chewing it..
When she gets home at night, I know she has had a tough time at this place she calls "work." I try to lighten up her mood and make her laugh. When we go for our evening walks, and especially if they mowed the grass, I start rolling around on my back in the grass. Makes her laugh every time. Of course, she sometimes yells at me to "watch out" and pulls on my leash so that I don't roll into ants or poo. I get so overwhelmed by the smell of the sweet grass, that sometimes I don't know where I am rolling!. I wish she would roll in the grass with me. She would feel so much better. Everyone would,. You just can't help it when you lay down on your back and the grass starts tickling you. Wiggling my butt is even more fun and feels soooooo goooood!
People say something like, stop and smell the roses. What the heck is that? Flowers stink!! Give me grass any day. Or bushes, freshly peed on bushes. Or a branch that has fallen that I can sniff, smell the squirrels and pee on the branch myself.! Simple things make me happy and in turn I do silly things to make my Mom happier, too!
And speaking of pee, I love to smell pee-mail. I stop a lot of times to smell bushes, grass, trees, curbs, fences and more to see who has been by there. My Mom is pretty cool. Instead of jerking on my leash to get me to stop smelling and to continue walking, she gives me a countdown of 5,4,3,2, 1. When she gets to one, I had better be moving or she will give me a little pull on the leash to remind me to start walking. She is cool like that. I see so may other parents just yank on the leash and the poor dog is sometimes pulled off their feet.
I sometimes give her a 5 count. If I am tired and not quite ready to go for our walk, she will count down to 1 and by then I am usually ready for my walk. I think it is good for her to have to wait, too. It teaches her patience and it gives us both a little time to chill out. I just wish I could get her to roll in the grass, but she says something about being allergic ... whatever that is. She does seem to wash the bedding a lot. Probably because she has a runny nose and coughs a bit after sleeping all night. Wonder what that is all about. I hate when she does it because then it doesn't smell like grass anymore. Oh, well, there is always rolling in the grass again tomorrow.
Well until next time, happy tails. Hugs, kisses, noses, nudges and skritches.
KK
Comments
Post a Comment