Squirrel!

Happy Sunday!!! Love today because its a Momma and me day. I am glad Momma is home on this day because there is nothing to chase. No trucks, no golf carts, very few dogs .... SQUIRREL!

Oh yeah, love to chase the squirrels. Early in the morning before every other dog is up and coming to the dog park, I get to play with the squirrels. Now some people may say I stalk them, others may say I chase them, but I play with them and they play with me. Squirrels love to run and chase each other as much as I like to chase and play with them. They are not afraid of me because I have to stay behind the fence.

There are usually four or five squirrels that hang around the park but only two really enjoy playing with me. They sit at the bottom of a tree as I sneak up on them. Slowly, I put one paw down and pick up the other. Creeping forward by centimeters. When I am just about to pounce, they run up the tree. I know they are playing with me because they don't chatter or are angry like some other squirrels. These friendly ones will come back down to play again. Sometimes they run along the top of the chain link fence for me to run with them. They aren't as fast as bunnies but will stay around a lot longer. My friend Kula likes to chase squirrels, too. According to her Mom, one day a squirrel ran right at her as she was running at it. Next thing you know, the squirrel hopped on her back and kept going! I didn't see it,but it sure sounds funny!!

Have a happy day. I am going to take a nap now. Just came back from the dog park and playing with my friend Millie. She is only 1-1/2 years old and full of energy. I don't keep up as well as I used to since I am almost nine but I give her a run for her money.

Until next time!! Hugs, kisses, noses, nudges and skritches!!
KK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helping Momma

Oh Happy Day!

NOISE