Blog From A Dog Episode 1
Welcome to KKs couch! Well, it is more of a love seat but I am a dog, so what do I know?
Actually, I know a lot!! I have a unique viewpoint of the world and I want to share it with you. I try to voice my opinions locally, but I think I just annoy the neighbors. They don't say anything but I can tell all they hear is "bark, bark, bark" just like when my Mom talks sometimes all I hear is "blah, blah, blah."
She's a good Mom, but sometimes she doesn't understand me either. But we get along great most of the time. We have fun walking playing and singing together (even though her howl is not as good as mine. In fact, it is quite awful, but I love her and won't tell her that).
I rescued my Mom over eight years ago. I knew she needed me and at five months old, I left my other family (they were okay but didn't really need me as they had small children) and struck out on my own to find my real Mom. I had a dream of my real Mom and think she had one of me, too. We used to be together in my past life, I was her Cocker Spaniel for 15 years. Anyway, I had this dream of when I used to be with her as her Cocker Spaniel and I saw what she looked like and how we used to love each other. It was great. Two nights later I went into her dreams and told her that I was coming back to her and what I looked like this time. She didn't have any other dogs or pets and hadn't planned on having another one ever again because it hurt her so much when I went to Heaven. I knew she needed me and I came back to be with her.
So she tells a psychic friend about her first dream of our first life together and before Mom can say anything else, this friend says, "She's coming back to you and soon." Boy, is the universe great or what. Made my job of finding and rescuing her a lot easier!!! Well, my Mom starting watching the local shelter for me. She knew I was going to be an older puppy with floppy ears, brindle coloring, and a lab mix and a rescue. Well, it took about a month for us to connect but she finally found me after a nice police officer picked my up while running the streets of a city and took me to the shelter near her. She saw my picture online, knew it was me, came to visit me in the shelter and voila, we were brought together by destiny.
*WOOF!* WOOF!!! - Oops, excuse me, the UPS truck just went by. He is my nemesis. I must fight the good fight every day to keep him away. All trucks are noisy, as are buses and motorcycles, but he UPS is the worst. I must protect my Mom and myself from this truck. When he comes by, I forget everything I should be doing and just want to chase him and hunt him down. One day I believe I will catch him and he won't come back to this neighborhood. (Of course, I am not sure how I am going to get out of the apartment to get him). I hear my other dog friends barking at him, too. Maybe one day we will unite to rid the world of this villainous truck.
But back to me and my Mom. I am one very lucky dog. She really loves me, even when I am not as good as I should be. I am a good dog but when it comes to chasing things, I just can't help myself. I am part greyhound and it is in my blood. I love to RUNNNNN!!
My two favorite things to chase are the golf carts that go by my window and bunnies!!! No, no, I don't hurt bunnies, they are my friend. We just love to run together. My Mom walks me every day and four days a week we gut up in the dark and go to a public people park that has a dog park. Every now and then a bunny comes into the dog park to play with me. I chase it around until it goes through the fence. The first time this happened, my bunny friend got caught in the fence. Mom had to help it get free. I just stood there waiting and hoping my friend was okay. I kissed it a couple of times to calm it down but saw that it got really nervous when I did that so I stepped away. Funny, it has happened two more times over the last five years. The second time the bunny was not as nervous and let my Mom free it right away. Two months ago a bunny friend got caught in the chain link fence and made a horrible noise. I think it was scared. My Mom was far away and this bunny just kept yelling for help. I stayed away from it but started barking for my Mom to hurry up and help. Of course, before she could get to the bunny, my friend got himself free and went home. I don't know if was the same friend but two weeks ago i got to chase a bunny again and it sped right past me, my dog friend, Kula, and our Moms and slipped right through the fence and the second gate. That guy was fast!
*Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, barkkkkkkkkkkkkk! Sorry, Mom. I know you don't like it when I bark at the golf carts but I can't help it!! It is just tooo much fun!!. All day long I watch my puppy TV, as Mom calls my bay window view, as the carts go back and forth. It is a lot more fun when my Mom is at work and can't tell me to stop barking! I kinda drive her nuts at times when it is a really good day of TV. The best days are when the FedEx, Amazon, Post Office Vans and moving trucks and golf carts are all on around the same time. Two hours of fun and then it is time for a nap.
My Mom doesn't have the best timing in the world. She comes home in the middle of the day to let me out in the dog park or walk and it is usually when I watched a lot of puppyTV. I am so tired from chasing those vehicles, that sometimes I just tell her to scratch my belly, give me my treats and leave. I know she will be back later to walk with me, feed me dinner and play again. No matter how tired she is, I know she loves to play with me so I make sure I am ready to go every night even if it is for only 10 minutes.
Well, this is getting pretty long and I think I had better stop for now. I will be posting whenever I can get the laptop away from my Mom (when she leaves it on) and continue to give you a dog's viewpoint.
Happy tails for now and don't smell any mean dogs' butts - they can smell pretty nasty!!
Hugs, bumps, kisses and skritches to you all,
KK
Actually, I know a lot!! I have a unique viewpoint of the world and I want to share it with you. I try to voice my opinions locally, but I think I just annoy the neighbors. They don't say anything but I can tell all they hear is "bark, bark, bark" just like when my Mom talks sometimes all I hear is "blah, blah, blah."
She's a good Mom, but sometimes she doesn't understand me either. But we get along great most of the time. We have fun walking playing and singing together (even though her howl is not as good as mine. In fact, it is quite awful, but I love her and won't tell her that).
I rescued my Mom over eight years ago. I knew she needed me and at five months old, I left my other family (they were okay but didn't really need me as they had small children) and struck out on my own to find my real Mom. I had a dream of my real Mom and think she had one of me, too. We used to be together in my past life, I was her Cocker Spaniel for 15 years. Anyway, I had this dream of when I used to be with her as her Cocker Spaniel and I saw what she looked like and how we used to love each other. It was great. Two nights later I went into her dreams and told her that I was coming back to her and what I looked like this time. She didn't have any other dogs or pets and hadn't planned on having another one ever again because it hurt her so much when I went to Heaven. I knew she needed me and I came back to be with her.
So she tells a psychic friend about her first dream of our first life together and before Mom can say anything else, this friend says, "She's coming back to you and soon." Boy, is the universe great or what. Made my job of finding and rescuing her a lot easier!!! Well, my Mom starting watching the local shelter for me. She knew I was going to be an older puppy with floppy ears, brindle coloring, and a lab mix and a rescue. Well, it took about a month for us to connect but she finally found me after a nice police officer picked my up while running the streets of a city and took me to the shelter near her. She saw my picture online, knew it was me, came to visit me in the shelter and voila, we were brought together by destiny.
*WOOF!* WOOF!!! - Oops, excuse me, the UPS truck just went by. He is my nemesis. I must fight the good fight every day to keep him away. All trucks are noisy, as are buses and motorcycles, but he UPS is the worst. I must protect my Mom and myself from this truck. When he comes by, I forget everything I should be doing and just want to chase him and hunt him down. One day I believe I will catch him and he won't come back to this neighborhood. (Of course, I am not sure how I am going to get out of the apartment to get him). I hear my other dog friends barking at him, too. Maybe one day we will unite to rid the world of this villainous truck.
But back to me and my Mom. I am one very lucky dog. She really loves me, even when I am not as good as I should be. I am a good dog but when it comes to chasing things, I just can't help myself. I am part greyhound and it is in my blood. I love to RUNNNNN!!
My two favorite things to chase are the golf carts that go by my window and bunnies!!! No, no, I don't hurt bunnies, they are my friend. We just love to run together. My Mom walks me every day and four days a week we gut up in the dark and go to a public people park that has a dog park. Every now and then a bunny comes into the dog park to play with me. I chase it around until it goes through the fence. The first time this happened, my bunny friend got caught in the fence. Mom had to help it get free. I just stood there waiting and hoping my friend was okay. I kissed it a couple of times to calm it down but saw that it got really nervous when I did that so I stepped away. Funny, it has happened two more times over the last five years. The second time the bunny was not as nervous and let my Mom free it right away. Two months ago a bunny friend got caught in the chain link fence and made a horrible noise. I think it was scared. My Mom was far away and this bunny just kept yelling for help. I stayed away from it but started barking for my Mom to hurry up and help. Of course, before she could get to the bunny, my friend got himself free and went home. I don't know if was the same friend but two weeks ago i got to chase a bunny again and it sped right past me, my dog friend, Kula, and our Moms and slipped right through the fence and the second gate. That guy was fast!
*Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, barkkkkkkkkkkkkk! Sorry, Mom. I know you don't like it when I bark at the golf carts but I can't help it!! It is just tooo much fun!!. All day long I watch my puppy TV, as Mom calls my bay window view, as the carts go back and forth. It is a lot more fun when my Mom is at work and can't tell me to stop barking! I kinda drive her nuts at times when it is a really good day of TV. The best days are when the FedEx, Amazon, Post Office Vans and moving trucks and golf carts are all on around the same time. Two hours of fun and then it is time for a nap.
My Mom doesn't have the best timing in the world. She comes home in the middle of the day to let me out in the dog park or walk and it is usually when I watched a lot of puppyTV. I am so tired from chasing those vehicles, that sometimes I just tell her to scratch my belly, give me my treats and leave. I know she will be back later to walk with me, feed me dinner and play again. No matter how tired she is, I know she loves to play with me so I make sure I am ready to go every night even if it is for only 10 minutes.
Well, this is getting pretty long and I think I had better stop for now. I will be posting whenever I can get the laptop away from my Mom (when she leaves it on) and continue to give you a dog's viewpoint.
Happy tails for now and don't smell any mean dogs' butts - they can smell pretty nasty!!
Hugs, bumps, kisses and skritches to you all,
KK

Comments
Post a Comment